SharePoint online currently has two types of site experiences: the classic experience and the modern experience. In this video, learn about the differences between them.
- Currently there are two type of…SharePoint site experiences;…the classic SharePoint site experience,…and the modern SharePoint site experience.…In this movie we'll take a little bit of a look…at both of those, and I want to show you…the process of creating those sites.…To give you a little bit of a better understanding…of the differences and the similarities between them.…Alright, our first site here is…the classic SharePoint experience.…This is a classic SharePoint site, and if you've used…SharePoint for the last few years at all…this probably looks very familiar to you.…
This is a team site, and without a doubt…the team site is the most popular SharePoint site…and you'll see that it has very standard…elements: newsfeed, document, library,…navigation on the left, our quick launch,…navigation in the top and up in the upper right corner…we see the settings gear, which will take us to other places…where we can adjust things on our site.…Very standard, now let's go ahead…and take a look at the new modern…style SharePoint experience and…
- Examine the site collection hierarchy.
- Identify the fundamental components of different team sites.
- Recognize the essential elements of permission inheritance.
- Explain the different permission levels.
- Identify the essential steps to take when adding apps.
- Determine the fundamental steps to use when putting together a document library.
- Recall the task settings used when managing a Team Site.
- Recognize how to enable checking out a document in both the Modern and Classic experience.
- Identify how to change column order in both the Modern and Classic experience.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.