- [Narrator] The sites that I've shown you…how to use thus far have had one thing in common:…they have all been SharePoint team sites.…Some of them have been SharePoint team sites…that are legacy sites or classic sites,…some of them have been new sites or modern sites.…However, all of them were created…for collaboration by a group of users.…But there's another type of site that we can create…in SharePoint Online that's meant not for collaboration,…but for disseminating information,…and that type of site is called a communication site.…
I have one here, our Installation Showcase.…There are two types of templates…used for communication sites.…One is for showcases that are really focused on images.…If you find you want to focus more on text,…then you would use a topic site.…And so, if you see a site like this, the odds are good…that it was designed as a communication site.…If you've been working in SharePoint for a while,…communication sites are in some ways…the heirs to SharePoint publishing sites.…
You can still create publishing sites,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Name the default level permissions are assigned in SharePoint.
- Recall what information on your profile is created from Active Directory that you won’t be able to change.
- Explain the limitation of a personal OneDrive account that makes it a poor choice for using with SharePoint.
- Define Noteworthy apps in SharePoint.
- Recall how to view your SharePoint team site in a browser view when using an Apple iOS device.
- Identify which board is built-in on a SharePoint.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with SharePoint Online
2. Work with SharePoint Sites
3. Edit and Save Documents
4. Share and Sync Documents
5. Work with List Apps
6. Go Mobile with SharePoint Online
Switch between views1m 24s
7. Integration: SharePoint 2016 and Office
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.