In SharePoint lists and libraries, sometimes you might want to change the order in which the columns appear. Instructor Bill shows you how to do this in this video.
- [Narrator] In SharePoint lists and libraries,…sometimes you might wanna change…the order in which the columns appear.…Well we can do that, and I'm gonna show you how right now.…Let's go to our intern list, now this is…a classic experience list, and I'm gonna tell you that…whether it's a list or library, classic or modern…experience, the process is basically the same.…There's just one little thing in a modern experience…I want you to be aware of, and we'll…talk about that in a little while.…We're gonna open up our list tab,…and we'll see that we are on the default all items view.…
Now, I recommend modifying the default view,…the all items view, because it's useful at times…to have that, if you start changing things,…you may not make stuff available to people…who maybe don't know that it's there.…So what I like to do, if I'm gonna make…any changes to a list, is either create a new view,…or modify an additional existing view,…but not the default view.…So I'm going to my accounting view here,…and I'm gonna go up to the list tab once more,…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.