Filter the options in a lookup list based on the selection made in a choice control. When a user picks an item from the list column, the lookup control in the form only displays a subset of choices.
- [Instructor] Nintex doesn't call it a cascading lookup,…but that's usually how people refer…to what I want to show you here.…That's where if I chose a state that I'm flying to,…I only want the list of airports to…filter down to just the airports in that state.…How you do this in Nintex is by filtering a lookup control.…Alright, so let's go look at our two lists…so we understand what we're doing.…So this is in my travel request form.…In my travel request form,…I have a column that's a choice field…and I've minimized my choices for what airports…I want based on only the states where we…have offices or somebody is authorized to travel.…
So in this particular choice field…or in this particular column, I only have one Oklahoma,…one Texas, one California, and one Washington.…I can have all 50 states here as well.…Alright, I'm just doing a smaller…group just to make a point.…I can't use the airport state field…in my airports list because look…at how many Alabamas I have.…If I used that one, I wouldn't know…which airport I was looking at…
- Explain how to change layout options on Nintex forms.
- Use a lookup list control to reuse lists in multiple forms.
- Configure form controls to filter options.
- Describe techniques that can be used to hide calculated values on a form.
- Identify the benefits of responsive forms.
- Give examples of how buttons enhance forms.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
Integrating Dynamics 365 with SharePointwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 29m Intermediate
1. Format in Forms Designer
2. Configure General Form Controls
3. Build Business Logic
4. Design Responsive Layouts
5. Submit and Maintain Forms
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.