Learn how to use runtime functions to parse a value in a SharePoint list column and display it in the form.
- [Instructor] We can calculate values in a form…prior to writing data to a SharePoint list.…Now what this does, is it actually…allows the form to do some of the heavy-lifting…that we typically make SharePoint do.…So let me give you an example.…If I come out the airports list,…see how I had that full listing there…and how that airport code is in…the middle of that full listing?…Well, typically you would think,…"Oh well I'll just go on ahead,…and I'll create a calculated column…inside of SharePoint to get that code out."…Well, you don't have to do it in…SharePoint is what I'm trying to say.…
If you're already going to be filling out…a form, let the form do it for you.…So back in the form, we're bringing in…the calculated value form control,…but this particular calculated value…is going to be calling from a lookup control.…So I want you to look at the lookup control…first so you understand what's going on.…So I've got a lookup control that is pulling…from airports, and it's pulling that full listing column.…Okay, so we know that inside of this form…
- Explain how to change layout options on Nintex forms.
- Use a lookup list control to reuse lists in multiple forms.
- Configure form controls to filter options.
- Describe techniques that can be used to hide calculated values on a form.
- Identify the benefits of responsive forms.
- Give examples of how buttons enhance forms.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
Integrating Dynamics 365 with SharePointwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 29m Intermediate
1. Format in Forms Designer
2. Configure General Form Controls
3. Build Business Logic
4. Design Responsive Layouts
5. Submit and Maintain Forms
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.