Learn how to build a basic list to capture information. Learn how to create basic fields in lists.
- [Narrator] Let's build a list and share point…for our list of locations that we would consider…universal data for the company.…We want this information to be available…to our database, but we also want it…to be available to everyone who's in our SharePoint.…Okay, I'll go ahead and minimize my database,…and I've already logged in to my team site.…Okay, from SharePoint, I'll go to the gear shape,…I'll add an app, I'll do a custom list.…The name of this list will be Locations.…
I'll choose create.…Now it takes me to the site contents,…so let's go to locations and adjust it's settings.…So, I see locations in the list,…I'll click the three dots there,…and I'll choose my settings.…The settings will allow me to add the fields.…Let's start by adding our fields,…and then we can look at a few other settings.…By default, every list comes with a title.…I want this title to actually read locations,…so I'll click title, and I'm going to change it…to read Locations.…
This is our internal company locations.…If someone completes this record,…
- Building an Access table and a SharePoint list
- Linking a SharePoint list to Access
- Exporting a table to SharePoint
- Connecting SharePoint to Access
- Creating macros to open lists
- Modifying Access forms
- Working with views
- Building reports for your integration
- Building views for data in SharePoint
- Sharing a SharePoint site with permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
Access 2016: Reporting to Web Systemswith Adam Wilbert1h 47m Intermediate
1. Aligning Data between SharePoint and Access
2. Connecting SharePoint to Access
3. Building Forms for Your Integration
4. Building Reports for Your Integration
5. Building Views for Data in SharePoint
6. Generating Excel Reports for SharePoint
Linking data to Excel2m 26s
7. Finalizing the Database for Production
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.