Learn how to build a Gantt view with your data in SharePoint. Expanding your data to SharePoint allows you to gain immediate access to Gantt charts.
- [Instructor] Project managers enjoy…a Gantt view with their tools all the time.…It allows us to see the progression of time on a project.…Sometimes we would like to see a Gantt view…of just our regular data, like on our issues.…Let's create a grant view, and visual the timing.…So, up top, I'll go to "List," I'll choose "Create View,"…and then I'll choose "Gantt View."…Okay, I'm going to call this, "The Gantt View of Issues,"…it is a public view.…
I keep all of my fields...…Maybe I'll go ahead and take out…"Attachments," and "Comments"...…And then I have my Gantt columns.…Okay, so my title will be, my actual title,…and the start date will be the date that it's opened.…The due date, of course, will be the due date.…And, we're not capturing a percentage complete,…but we could, and then, include that percent complete.…And if we started using related items in our database,…then, we could, actually add the related issues.…
Okay, go ahead and hit that "Minimize" there.…I don't want to add any sorts at this point,…and, let's say I want to show, all of my items.…
- Building an Access table and a SharePoint list
- Linking a SharePoint list to Access
- Exporting a table to SharePoint
- Connecting SharePoint to Access
- Creating macros to open lists
- Modifying Access forms
- Working with views
- Building reports for your integration
- Building views for data in SharePoint
- Sharing a SharePoint site with permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
Access 2016: Reporting to Web Systemswith Adam Wilbert1h 47m Intermediate
1. Aligning Data between SharePoint and Access
2. Connecting SharePoint to Access
3. Building Forms for Your Integration
4. Building Reports for Your Integration
5. Building Views for Data in SharePoint
6. Generating Excel Reports for SharePoint
Linking data to Excel2m 26s
7. Finalizing the Database for Production
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.