Learn how to build interactive pivots with slicers and timelines. Learn how to add a PivotChart to extend your reporting capabilities.
- [Instructor] Now that we have live links…into our Sharepoint to our Excel file,…let's build some charts and interaction.…Let's go ahead and save our exercise file.…Let's save it as ExcelReport.…The very first thing we want to do is create a pivot…that will show us the category,…who it's assigned to, and the due date,…and we can count how many issues people have,…so let's go to the Insert tab, and we'll choose Pivot Table.…
Notice that our pivot table is tied to that table name.…That's perfect.…When the table updates, so will our pivot.…Okay, I do want to put it into a new worksheet,…and I'll click OK.…Okay, I'm going to left-click…and hold and drag Category to rows.…Okay, I'll go ahead and drag Due Date to my columns.…Okay, I want to address my grouping,…so I'm going to right-click that January.…If yours looks different than mine,…depending on your version of Excel,…you can right-click and get a group with me.…I'll choose Group, and I want to do…years, months, and no days.…
All right, I'll go ahead and click OK.…
- Building an Access table and a SharePoint list
- Linking a SharePoint list to Access
- Exporting a table to SharePoint
- Connecting SharePoint to Access
- Creating macros to open lists
- Modifying Access forms
- Working with views
- Building reports for your integration
- Building views for data in SharePoint
- Sharing a SharePoint site with permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
Access 2016: Reporting to Web Systemswith Adam Wilbert1h 47m Intermediate
1. Aligning Data between SharePoint and Access
2. Connecting SharePoint to Access
3. Building Forms for Your Integration
4. Building Reports for Your Integration
5. Building Views for Data in SharePoint
6. Generating Excel Reports for SharePoint
Linking data to Excel2m 26s
7. Finalizing the Database for Production
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.