Learn how to create complex rules in a responsive form. In this example, we hide a column if a field is blank and make a field required based on the value of another field.
- [Narrator] All right let's talk about…what kind of rules you can put on a…Responsive Form.…Let's click on Add Rule to this…guest name.…We have decided that we don't want to see…Guest Name if somebody isn't bringing a guest.…So if they haven't checked bringing a guest,…then we'll hide the guest name.…So I'll name my new rule HideGuest and…When,…you've got just a very simple When then.…So click on your function and we'll say…When the named control bringing a guest…is equal to false.…
Oh don't capitalize it.…False.…Click OK.…So that means that it's empty right?…So true is when it's checked,…false is when it's empty.…Then you have a few options here.…I just want to hide it.…This is also where you would create…a validation rule.…Notice that I've got that invalidate.…So let's just go on ahead and do…both at the same time.…And that rule says that if they're…bringing a guest they have to…fill in the guest name.…
So I'm going to add another rule,…I'm going to call this one GuestNameReq…and I'm going to say When,…named control,…bringing a guest is equal to true.…
- Explain how to change layout options on Nintex forms.
- Use a lookup list control to reuse lists in multiple forms.
- Configure form controls to filter options.
- Describe techniques that can be used to hide calculated values on a form.
- Identify the benefits of responsive forms.
- Give examples of how buttons enhance forms.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
Integrating Dynamics 365 with SharePointwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 29m Intermediate
1. Format in Forms Designer
2. Configure General Form Controls
3. Build Business Logic
4. Design Responsive Layouts
5. Submit and Maintain Forms
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.