- Once you have a Document Retention Policy,…What's Next?…Well, the first thing is to Assign individuals…to effectuate the policy.…You want to have a Dedicated Manager…who's going to oversee the policy.…One person who is responsible for ensuring that the policy…is applied consistently.…You want to make sure that you have adequate…company resources to carry out the policy.…And you want to Ensure that your staff…will actually carry out the policy.…
So the staff needs to be integrally involved…in designing the policy and informed…about how the policy operates.…You may also want to consider…Incorporating an Electronic Contact Management Tool,…to help you to manage your Document Retention Policy.…You also want to continue to monitor…the Jurisdictional Requirements for your business,…not only the states that your business operates in,…but also the type of business that your business conducts,…to see what impact these have…on your Document Retention Policy.…
You want to look through the universe of documents…created by your business,…
- The golden rules of document and data retention
- Preserving knowledge, relationships, and achievements through documentation
- Federal and state requirements for retention
- Guidelines for tax records, contracts, and other documents
- Building a new policy
- Storage systems and tools to consider
By the end of the course, you'll be able to build a plan that satisfies all the requirements and also protects your company's proprietary information.
- Define document retention.
- Break down the golden rules of document management.
- Evaluate what types of documents need to be retained.
- Identify the legal requirements of document retention.
- Determine a good document retention policy.
- Distinguish an effective document retention policy.