Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a user to a site, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
So, here's how to add a user to a SharePoint site.…You're going to go to your Site Actions menu and come down to Site Permissions.…In this first screen, what we're actually looking at are those three groups that I mentioned:…the Owners group, the Members group, and the Visitors group.…If you look over here, it's being explicit that the Visitors group gets…Read permission level.…The Owners group gets Full Control permission level.…The Members group gets Contribute permission level.…There are a couple of other entries in here, which I would say right now you can…safely ignore. They are kind of being used for little one-off reasons inside…SharePoint, and internal reasons.…
Visitors, Members, and Owners are the classic three SharePoint groups to work with.…If I look at the Owners group, what I actually find in here, I've got two people…in there. There's me and Hedda Conway.…They are both owners.…They can create sites in this site collection.…They can manipulate sites.…They can create and delete lists and libraries or even delete entire sites.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.