Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a Web Part, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
A typical SharePoint page is not just made of blocks of text and images.…it's also very, very common that on these pages that you'll edit, you'll these…pieces called Web Parts.…Well, what are Web Parts?…We have actually one of them right now.…I'm going to shift into my Edit Page Mode by clicking this Edit Page button and…then come down to the section that says Shared Documents and just click on the…white bar beside the word Shared Documents, and you see how this gets surrounded…by a blue box here and in fact, as I did that, I have a new option up here…called Web Part Tools.…
Well the blue box is actually representing the fact that this is a Web Part.…Now Web Part is a self- contained piece of a webpage.…You can't use a Web Part by itself.…It has to be inside a webpage, but it has its own rules.…It has its own abilities. It has its own behavior. But what are they?…These are modular pieces.…They can be very simple, they can be very complex, but they often represent…pieces that exist elsewhere on your website.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.