Learn to add a task list app to a SharePoint site.
- [Instructor] The TaskApp is another very popular app…that we can add to our SharePoint site.…And the TaskApp is exactly what it sounds like.…It is a task list.…We have the ability to add tasks to it,…mark off when they're done.…We can add an end date, a start date,…we can go ahead and assign them to people,…but the first thing we have to do…is actually create the app.…And that's what we're going to do in this movie.…We're here on our Marketing Team Site.…It is a modern experience site.…We're gonna click on the New button…and click on App.…
It brings up our app page.…We're gonna click on the Tasks app.…It is the third one here in our first row.…From this little pop-up, we see we have advanced options.…We're gonna click there…and the only options we have is to give the app…a name and a description.…We're gonna call this simply, Task List.…We can give it the description of...…Marketing tasks.…And click Create.…And you'll see, even though…we're on a modern experience site,…it created a classic experience task list.…
This is a default for the TaskApp…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.