Learn how to add a lookup control to show data in a form that exists in another SharePoint list. This data is displayed on your form for the convenience of the person completing the form.
- [Instructor] It's easy to get list or site-specific…when we're talking about choice fields.…But I want you to think bigger than that…when you're creating forms.…So for example, on this travel request form…I'm asking for people to type in the airport…that they want to go to.…And notice right now how it's a single line of text.…Now the temptation would be…hey, why don't I go on ahead and create you know,…a list or a choice field with all the airports right?…Okay, that's my thinking as well.…
I have one airports list that I want to reuse…in multiple forms.…And in order to do that,…we want to use a lookup list control.…So I'm going to Go Back into My Form,…and I'm going to Add a Lookup Control,…and so I'm just going to come over here…and Type In Lookup, and there it is List Lookup.…Now pay attention because I'm not in List Columns.…I'm just in General Form Controls,…which means that this lookup is going to go…look something up from a list,…that airport's list, but it's not tied to anything.…
It's only being used inside of this form.…
- Explain how to change layout options on Nintex forms.
- Use a lookup list control to reuse lists in multiple forms.
- Configure form controls to filter options.
- Describe techniques that can be used to hide calculated values on a form.
- Identify the benefits of responsive forms.
- Give examples of how buttons enhance forms.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
Integrating Dynamics 365 with SharePointwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 29m Intermediate
1. Format in Forms Designer
2. Configure General Form Controls
3. Build Business Logic
4. Design Responsive Layouts
5. Submit and Maintain Forms
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.