Learn about how there are more than a dozen built-in SharePoint list apps, including a calendar, contacts, announcements, tasks, links, issues, and a custom list. To add a list app, open Site Contents, then click the Add an app tile. Enter a name and click OK to create the list.
- [Instructor] SharePoint includes…a number of built-in lists that you can add to a site.…It also includes the ability to create a customized list…to meet your precise business needs.…Let's take a look at the list apps in SharePoint.…In your site, go to Site Contents.…And if you have permission to add an app to a site,…then you will see the "add an app" icon right here.…We already see the apps that we have in this site,…a Document Library, Clients, our News Feed or Microfeed,…and Site Assets and Site Pages, two specific libraries.…
So, really all this site has…is Clients, Documents and the Microfeed.…If I click "add an app",…then at the top there are a list of note worthy apps,…some of which are already included in this site.…You can add the ones that are promoted at the top,…under note worthy,…but you can add any of the others as well.…So, an app we might want to add is a task list,…or a library just for pictures, a Wiki library,…a calendar, or contacts.…If we look at an app like Contacts,…it says "This can synchronize with Outlook…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Use SharePoint to create websites, collaboration spaces, and custom applications.
- List three ways a user can add documents to a SharePoint library.
- Modify documents simultaneously with coworkers and team members.
- Organize and share apps, lists, and libraries by choosing public views.
- Analyze content on all of your devices by syncing libraries and OneDrive.
- Organize a team site to promote collaboration.