In this video see how to create a custom column in your data with Power BI.
- [Instructor] Okay, we are back here on Power BI Desktop.…And we have our report ready to go.…We've brought in that annual expenses workbook…from SharePoint, from our SharePoint site.…And before we get started creating visualizations,…in this movie we're going to do some things.…There's a few problems that we have to fix.…We're going to edit some queries,…and we're actually going to create a custom column.…So, the first thing I want us to do…is go over here to our fields list…and take a look at the Date field.…Next to the word Date, just on the left of it,…you see the little sum symbol.…
So that means Power BI…is trying to add the values of our dates.…That's not a good thing. That is not what we want.…We don't need the sum of the number of the date.…So what this likely means…is that our date column is formatted wrong.…So what we're going to do is go and fix that.…We're going to go up to Edit Queries.…And once that window opens up, we look at the Date column,…and we see that our numbers, our dates,…are over to the right side of the column.…
- Connecting to data in libraries, lists, services, and more
- Adding custom columns
- Editing queries
- Creating charts and other visualizations
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Managing relationships between data
- Publishing reports to Power BI services
- Embedding reports on SharePoint pages
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Power BI
2. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Library
3. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Online List
4. Connect to Data in SharePoint with Power BI Services
5. Connect to Data from Multiple Sources in SharePoint
6. Embed a Report on a SharePoint Page
Add a link to a page1m 21s
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.