Customizing a button with a clear message is key to making sure that people don’t submit a form before they’re finished completing it. Let’s take a look at all the things we can tell a button to do.
- [Instructor] Sometimes, the only business logic…that you need to add to a form is a save-and-cancel button.…I say this because I think that getting users out…of that ribbon, out of that SharePoint form,…helps to make a form feel more friendly.…Even if you were just to create a form based on a list,…and do nothing else, you would be giving the user…a save and a cancel button.…The fact that we can customize this button…can send our users a clear message,…making sure that they don't submit a form…before they're finished completing it.…
I want you to take a look at all the things…we can tell that button to do.…Double-click on Save.…And, by default, the button action is going to be save.…What save is going to do is it's going to save the form,…and close it.…Save and Continue is going to save the form, and continue,…meaning it's going to leave the form open.…And Save and Submit is going to save the form,…and submit the information…that's inside of it to SharePoint.…When we generate a preview,…we're generating a preview based on save.…
- Explain how to change layout options on Nintex forms.
- Use a lookup list control to reuse lists in multiple forms.
- Configure form controls to filter options.
- Describe techniques that can be used to hide calculated values on a form.
- Identify the benefits of responsive forms.
- Give examples of how buttons enhance forms.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
Integrating Dynamics 365 with SharePointwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 29m Intermediate
1. Format in Forms Designer
2. Configure General Form Controls
3. Build Business Logic
4. Design Responsive Layouts
5. Submit and Maintain Forms
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.