In this video see how you can add additional timelines for a project.
- [Male Voice] Alright in this one we're going to add an additional timeline. We have the ability to have more than one timeline in our task list. So let's go ahead and let's do that. We need to open up our timeline tab. So we're going to click on our timeline somewhere to open that timeline contextual tab. And we see here all the way to the right, timeline bar. There's a big button that says add. That's what we want. We're going to click that and look at this. It added a new timeline with nothing on it. Well let's put some stuff on it.
What do you say? Now, what I want to do is have a separate timeline just for the reviews. So I'm going to start by taking our company profile review and how do I get it down to that other timeline, you ask? I can hear you. So what I'm going to do is go up here to my ribbon again, and you see these move up and move down buttons? That's what's going to make it happen. So, when I click on the move down button, we can move that down just like that.
And let's go ahead and let's select financial performance and we'll move that down. And let's select review key initiatives and move that down as well. So now those are all on their own timeline and they're all in different rows which you can leave or, what I'm going to do is simply slide those up like that because they're all reviews so they all kind of relate to each other. So I think it's fine to have them all on one row. But again, it's whatever works best for you and your organization.
But there you go, an additional timeline. And you can make as many as you want and break it out into different categories, different subjects, different time segments if you want. All of the timeline options, which I showed you in a previous video, are applicable to this timeline as well. And now you know how to go ahead and add another timeline to your task list.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explain how to add a new task.
- Identify the steps for creating a subtask.
- Summarize the information displayed in each of the five view types.
- Define the steps to add items to the calendar.
- Explain how to add documents to the library.