In the modern SharePoint team site, you can create lists. It is also possible to create a list of tasks. However, that list will not perform as well, or have the same features as a classic SharePoint task list. In this video, explore the differences between the two.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I want to talk a little bit more … about the modern style list. … In fact, let's go ahead take a quick look over here … at the Marketing Team Site, our Vendors list, … and again, lots of rows and columns, … and if you've been working with SharePoint for a while, … you probably already know how to add columns … and make custom columns, … and you might be thinking, you know, … I could take a standard modern style list … and add the columns I want … to make it more like our classic style task list, … but you can do that to a certain extent, … but not really do it as well as the classic style app, … and again, remember, there is no equivalent … to that classic tasks list in the modern theme. … I have here a modern list in our Temporary Lobby site, … and it has two tasks on it already … the first two tasks actually that we're going to add … to our task list in a future video, … and I want to show you what happens … when you try to turn a modern style list into a task list. …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.