The group calendar is created when a SharePoint group site is created and is accessible to al the members of the group. In this video, examine the group calendar and how to access it.
- [Instructor] Up until this point in this course, … we've concentrated mostly on our timeline … and our task list. … But SharePoint has other tools that we can use … to help us along with our project management. … We're going to go back to the homepage here for our site, … and this is the Temporary Lobby site. … Now, when the site was created, … it was created as a private group. … You can see that right here, … underneath the main temporary library. … It tells us this is a private group site. … When a site like this is created in SharePoint, … it prompts you at the beginning to add group members, … and that's what we've done when we created this site. … We have four members in our group. … This is our team, our Temporary Lobby team. … This group, this is a group site, … here are our group members. … And as such, when this site was created, … we created a group throughout all of Office 365, … and this group has a lot of wonderful features … that we can use. … And in this movie, … we're going to talk about the group calendar. …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.