It's possible to add additional colors to SharePoint by creating new palettes and themes, but is it necessary? Learn some of the questions you should ask before you go to the extra effort.
- [Narrator] So, we've seen how easy it is…to change a site's look and feel using themes.…Not only do themes have prefigured color palettes…and font sets, but you get to play around…with the colors, choose different fonts,…and change the background.…However, there are going to be some of you out there…who are going to be saying,…"Yeah, but ... "…Okay, it's true.…Themes are very flexible,…but out of the box they might not give you…everything you want.…It's time for me to talk about…return on investment again, though.…Yes, it is possible to add colors and fonts…to your choices by modifying the palette…or better yet, creating customized themes.…
But before we start talking about how to do it,…let's first ask why we're doing it.…Whenever there's going to be effort involved,…I want you to be asking yourself,…what is the purpose of that effort?…If you're going to go to the trouble…of adding a theme with a custom color palette,…you have to be able to answer the question why.…One possible answer is that your company…has very stringent requirements on branding…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.