Using CSS to change branding elements in your SharePoint site requires some effort, but can provide a higher level of control than the built-in tools. Get some information on the advantages and disadvantages of CSS over other methods.
- [Instructor] Okay, let's talk about CSS.…Now, as I've said before,…if you don't already have some experience with CSS,…this course isn't going to be as valuable to you.…My recommendation is that you first take…some other LinkedIn Learning courses…such as essential HTML or essential CSS training.…So, why would you want to use CSS?…Well, CSS is a safer and more flexible alternative…to other ways of customizing SharePoint Online…as soon as you step out of…the Microsoft provided theming tools.…
CSS gives you greater stylistic control…of the individual elements in your site.…And in the past, I've seen some people style their sites…by inserting blank content areas into all pages…and then manually updating the HTML code for each page…using inline styling.…Although that's possible, it's a lot more work…than redefining an already existing element tag with CSS.…Using CSS lets you apply changes site-wide…and helps ensure consistency.…
Although there may be some slight differences…in support for very new features,…CSS is a widely used method of styling…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.