SharePoint team sites include a OneNote notebook by default. Teams determine what type of content they wish to capture in the notebook: research, project information, and meeting notes are frequent choices. The notebook supports multiple simultaneous editors.
- [Instructor] In addition to having document libraries…that allow you to store documents,…most SharePoint online sites…also have a OneNote notebook…that is not part of the document library.…It's freestanding, and it's attached to the team site.…It has nice features.…OneNote gives you the ability to be able to…quickly edit text,…to take notes at a meeting…and to tag up to do items and followup items,…to be able to click on a page and insert…anything that you can insert in a browser…here in the online version from file printouts…and file attachments to pictures and tables,…links, and so on.…
You can draw, if you have a tablet device,…and you can also view and print your OneNote notebook.…If you wish, there's even more you can do…in the desktop version of OneNote,…so you could take your notebook and open it there…because there's a OneNote notebook automatically supplied…on all of these team sites.…Many organizations have practices…around how they can be used,…so check in with your team…and find out how you intend to use your notebook.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Navigating, searching, and browsing in a site
- Uploading and creating documents
- Coauthoring Office documents
- Collaborating and networking
- Using lists
- Setting up alerts for lists and libraries
- Using the SharePoint mobile app
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint: Site Customizationwith Bill Kulterman55m 54s Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter40m 15s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Libraries and Documents
3. Collaboration and Networking
4. Customize with List Apps
5. SharePoint on the Road
OneDrive for Business app2m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.