Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video BI in Excel and SharePoint, part of SharePoint Online Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Business intelligence…is the universe of tools,…and the universe of different methods…that allow people in organizations…to gather data, and then…to analyze that data so that it's turn into…not a series of data points…but meaningful information.…Given that analysis then, they can…provide some illustrations,…some visualizations…that will support better decision making…among the group of people…that share access to that information.…
In Sharepoint Online, and Office 365 right now,…we have several tools that are available to us.…First we have Excel 2016.…Not Excel Online.…It's not a strong enough tool.…But the business intelligence features…in Excel for the desktop itself…are incredibly strong.…Not just in 2016,…but in Excel 2013 as well.…Next, we have Sharepoint Online.…
As we saw in a prior movie,…we can create a business intelligence center.…That's one of the things that we can do…with Sharepoint Online.…But something else that we can do…with Sharepoint Online is…we have the ability to be able to share and view…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Understanding SharePoint roles
- Searching SharePoint sites
- Editing, saving, and sharing documents
- Using OneDrive for file storage
- Working with libraries and list apps
- Creating custom and dynamic views
- Changing file, item, and list settings
- Using the SharePoint social features, including your newsfeed and Delve
- Building site collections
- Working with app parts and web parts
- Displaying images and media
- Integrating SharePoint 2016, Office 2016, and Office 365
- Customizing search in SharePoint
- Adjusting SharePoint permissions
- Creating content types and document sets
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q. This course was updated 03/16/2017. What changed?
A. Content in the introduction chapter was updated.
1. Introduction to SharePoint
2. Working with SharePoint Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with List Apps
5. Building Site Collections and Customizing Sites
6. Modifying SharePoint Pages
7. SharePoint Online on Mobile Devices
8. Integration: SharePoint 2016 and Office
9. Social Networking in SharePoint
10. Customizing Search in SharePoint
Search in SharePoint Online7m 52s
11. SharePoint Permissions
12. SharePoint Content and Documents
13. SharePoint Workflows
14. SharePoint Site Templates
Next steps2m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.