SharePoint lists are similar to tables in Excel. Columns have headings and data types, and each record is a row.
- [Instructor] Lists and libraries…have similar functionality…because libraries are a specialized type of list.…Libraries contain documents.…Lists contain rows and rows of data.…As a matter of fact,…lists are very similar to a table in Microsoft Excel.…I created this custom list in one of our groups…so that we could see how a list works.…Again, very similar to how a list might work in a library.…If I want to sort,…I have the ability to sort in ascending or descending order…and the ability to filter.…
Let's sort this by last name.…That works just fine.…If I want to look for a particular item like Davenport,…I can enter it and that quickly…is going to filer our entire list…or if I wanted to look for a particular city,…notice it's not filtering only in one column.…It's filtering in every single column of information…that's in my dataset.…If I want to add a new item, I can click the new item button…and fill in the information in this basic form.…
The form that you see here is the standard SharePoint form.…This form can be customized so don't be surprised…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Navigating, searching, and browsing in a site
- Uploading and creating documents
- Coauthoring Office documents
- Collaborating and networking
- Using lists
- Setting up alerts for lists and libraries
- Using the SharePoint mobile app
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint: Site Customizationwith Bill Kulterman55m 54s Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter1h 42m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Libraries and Documents
3. Collaboration and Networking
4. Customize with List Apps
5. SharePoint on the Road
OneDrive for Business app2m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.