The Upcoming Tasks list view shows you only the tasks that have not been completed. This can especially useful on a large list of tasks. Observe how to apply the Upcoming Tasks view in this video.
- [Instructor] We are here in our task list, … and we're going to scroll down and take a look at it here. … We see that we are using the all tasks view. … That is the default view, … and we know that we're using the all tasks view … because it's highlighted right here in blue. … Now, we're going to go ahead and change this view. … We have other views available to us. … We are going to use the upcoming tasks view. … To change our view, we're going to go up to our list tab, … and you'll see here in the manage views section, … it says all tasks. … Again, that's another way … that we know which view we're using. … We're going to select that dropdown, … and we have a list of all of the different views … that we can use, and the one we want is the upcoming view. … We're going to click on that, … give our list a second here to refresh, … and now we see only tasks that have not been completed. … This upcoming task view is a filter. … It filters out all of the completed tasks, … and you see that all of these tasks …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.