There are many options for the timeline. In this video, observe how to show or hide information like the task dates, or the timescale on the timeline. Also, see how to set a date range and change the date format.
- We're here on our task list and we have our timeline now … with some tasks on it and in this movie, … I want to show you a few more of the timeline options … that we have available to us. … To get to those options, we need … to get out the timeline ribbon and to do that, we have … to click somewhere, anywhere on our timeline and you see … that timeline contextual ribbon just popped up here … so we're going to go ahead and take a look at some … of the things here in the show, hide section. … We'll start by looking at these check boxes. … We have four of them and three of them are checked … by default, task dates so if I go ahead and uncheck that, … you see the dates have disappeared from our tasks … and you know these are all personal preferences. … I like to see the dates so I'm going to go ahead … and check that. … Next one is today, if I uncheck that, … my today flag disappears and again, I like that too. … I like to see where we are on our timeline and timescale. … Now the timescale is the dates up here. …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.