Watch this video to see how you can change the way that tasks are displayed on the timeline, either as a bar or a callout. Also, witness how to remove items from the timeline, and change the display bar color of individual tasks.
- [Instructor] We're here in our task list … and in this movie we're going to talk a … little bit more about some of the timeline options … specifically display options. … The way things look on our timeline, … but to do that the first thing … we want to do is add a few more of these tasks … to our task list. … Now I'm going to select a couple more things. … Computer needs assessment, … and I'm going to go down here … and also select create signage. … Now you see I have them both selected. … I'm going to go up to the tasks tab … and click on add to timeline … and it will add both of those tasks … there at the same time. … I'm also going to go ahead … and open up the determine traffic flow … and I'm going to edit that. … I'm going to go ahead and give that a start date … and I'm going to give it a start date … of the 14th of January, okay, … so now that will also appear, … there we go on our timeline. … Now our timeline is starting to get a … little crowded a little busy there's a lot …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.