In this video, discover how to access the list settings, and explore some of those settings, such as navigation and item level permissions and changing the list experience. Also, see the available columns and the current list views.
- [Bill] Just like a modern style list in SharePoint, … our classic list here, our task list, … has a lot of options. … There's a lot of things that you can do in it. … We have a section for List Settings, … and that's what we're going to take a look at. … To get to the List Settings for our task list, … we go up here to the tabs, … we click on the List tab, … and it opens up the List ribbon. … There's a lot of things in here, … and we're going to look at some of these … as we go on through this course, … but I want to take us all the way over here … to the right to List Settings, … and we're going to click on that, … and it brings up this window. … Now, if you've gone to the List Settings … on a modern style list, … you'll notice it's not that much different. … We have here the General Settings, … and the first one is List name, description, and navigation. … Now, we looked at this in another movie in this course … when I showed you how to go ahead and add this list … to our Quick Launch, …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.