When a task is edited or updated, it’s nice to be alerted to that fact. In this video, see how to set up alerts on task list items.
- [Instructor] We're here in our task list … and our task list has quite a few tasks on it, … they've been assigned to various people. … And we're signed in today as Leslie, … And Leslie is the project manager. … She's the one in charge of this project … to make sure it gets done on time and correctly. … She would like to know when anything changes, … when there's any updates on any of these tasks … that have been assigned to other people, … and that's what we're going to do. … We're going to select this task, … the computer needs assessment, … and we're going to setup an alert … because that is a feature … that we have in our Classic Tasks app. … We're going to click on … computer needs assessment here to open it up, … and we see we have dates, it's been assigned to Jonathan, … and right now it is 25% complete. … We look up here at our ribbon and we see a button … that say 'alert me' and notice that, when I … hover over it says, 'receive e-mail or mobile … notification when things change.' …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.