The SharePoint Contacts and Calendar list apps are designed to synchronize with Outlook. This video demonstrates syncing list apps with Outlook on the web and Outlook desktop.
- [Instructor] While almost all SharePoint lists…work really well with Excel,…there are some types of list apps…that are designed specifically…to integrate or to synchronize with Microsoft Outlook,…and they are the types of apps…that you would suspect you'd do that with.…For example, calendars or contacts.…This Vendors list was created with a contacts app…and it can, therefore, sync to Outlook.…If you're not sure, click List on the ribbon…and if Connect to Outlook is enabled, we can do that.…
Note, I can also export to Excel,…but, in this case, I don't want to analyze,…I'd like to connect this list to Outlook,…and if every one of my users on this team does that,…then I've created a powerful application.…I have a vendors application…that will automatically deliver updated vendor information…to every single member of my team.…That's pretty cool.…So, I don't need to create an old style distribution list…or a contact group that I share.…I can simply create a contact application in SharePoint…and allow users who need it to connect to it,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Navigating, searching, and browsing in a site
- Uploading and creating documents
- Coauthoring Office documents
- Collaborating and networking
- Using lists
- Setting up alerts for lists and libraries
- Using the SharePoint mobile app
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint: Site Customizationwith Bill Kulterman55m 54s Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter1h 4m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Libraries and Documents
3. Collaboration and Networking
4. Customize with List Apps
5. SharePoint on the Road
OneDrive for Business app2m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.