Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Sync SharePoint and OneDrive to a device, part of Learning SharePoint Online.
- [Instructor] One of the things that I love…about working with SharePoint is the ability…to take some files on the road with me…if I'm going to be in a setting where…I won't necessarily have access…to a great internet or a great wireless…and I still want to be able to work,…I can have a synchronized copy…and when I come back on my network,…I can sync my changes even if other…people have been editing those files.…Although some people say you can simply drag…and drop a copy somewhere and drag…and drop it back, I find the synchronization…to be a better feature than simply using drag and drop.…
The tool that I use to synchronize documents…with my local device is the same…whether I'm synchronizing OneDrive…or I'm synchronizing libraries from SharePoint Online.…I'm going to start with OneDrive and that's…my recommendation.…I'm going to click the Sync button.…I'm asked do I mean to switch apps,…yes I do.…OneDrive is being opened.…If nothing happens for a bit right here,…then it says you might need the latest version of OneDrive…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Navigating, searching, and browsing in a site
- Uploading and creating documents
- Coauthoring Office documents
- Collaborating and networking
- Using lists
- Setting up alerts for lists and libraries
- Using the SharePoint mobile app
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint: Site Customizationwith Bill Kulterman55m 54s Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter1h 4m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Libraries and Documents
3. Collaboration and Networking
4. Customize with List Apps
5. SharePoint on the Road
OneDrive for Business app2m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.