If you want to make site-wide changes to your tables' appearances, you can do that using CSS—but, you may decide against it when you see the kinds of things you can control with the SharePoint built-in tools.
- [Teacher] Something that I'm going to try…and steer you away from is…making site-wide changes to table formats.…The built-in tools for tables give you plenty of controls…for colors, for borders, headers, and footer rows, etc.…And personally, I think different tables…need to look differently in different scenarios.…Yes, you can redefine the CSS for table body,…table head, table footer, table row,…but then you're locking yourself into a single approach,…and yes your style will be consistent and standardized,…but I think that this is one place…where having flexibility is much more important.…
And, as I say, I don't recommend it.…But in the interest of science I will show you how.…First, let's look at a table in its native state.…Now I'm on a classic publishing page,…and what I'm going to do is I'm going to edit the page,…and we'll just go ahead and we will…insert a table right here.…How do you insert a table?…On the insert tab, you click insert,…and then you say table.…And we're going to make a table that is a few rows…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.