The SharePoint "new experience" pages have a lot of built-in styling and branding tools, but they also have limitations. This video demonstrates some of the things you can do, and discuss what you can't.
- [Instructor] Now let's talk about…some of the things that you can do…to brand your site and really make it pop…for you and your team.…First of all, I want to once again, really stress,…that SharePoint has much better tools available now…for changing the site look and feel;…built-in functionality,…you can already change the background image,…change the navigation style, change fonts,…change color pallets, and whenever possible,…I think this is all you should do.…Do not create unnecessary effort.…
If you don't have to do extra stuff, don't do it.…You will be happier in the long run.…Now you can also use built-in tools…to change the site title and the site logo,…and this is much easier than it used to be.…As I mentioned a few times,…Microsoft is making frequent changes…to SharePoint down the line.…As a matter of fact during the writing of this course,…I had stuff changing on me,…and at one time they broke the Text Editor…which caused me a few confused and stressful minutes,…but some of the changes are really useful,…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.