Explore resources available for safe, free fonts. Learn how to download font files from Google fonts, and get introduced to some other options.
- [Narrator] Whenever you're looking…for fonts for your site,…the first thing you need to do…is check what's already at hand.…All the fonts that appear on the change the look…theme templates are nice, safe, readable,…and more or less universally available.…If you don't have a specifically important reason…to load a new font, don't create extra work.…You're done, you can move on to the next chapter.…However, I know that a bunch of you…are chomping at the bit to find out…just how to do this, so let's start first…by talking about where you can get good,…safe, and free fonts.…
Free to me is important.…A fantastic resource is our good buddies at Google.…They've been creating fonts for years…and making them available via Google Fonts.…There are literally hundreds of fonts available…from Google, and they are all free.…Most of the font families also include…variations for bold, italic, light, etc.…You can filter your searches…and even find fonts designated for non-Latin alphabets.…Now, officially speaking, you can technically link…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.