Check your work and see your changes in action.
(whirring intro)…- Okay, let's see how we did.…Now, you should be looking at the same that thing I am.…Your menu bar should have red font…with a light gray background between the items,…and when you float over it you should be seeing blue.…Okay, how did you do?…If you're not seeing a change,…well the first thing you need to do is refresh the page…and you may have to clear your browser cache.…Now, if that style still isn't visible,…let's go back and take a look, this is what my…CSS looks like, does your look like this?…Did you remember to put in the punctuation?…Did you remember to use brackets and semi colons…and colons all in the right place?…Now, I've included this file in your exercise folders…so you can go in and look at it and compare it too…but if you need to fix anything, go ahead and do it…then save the page, go back to the homepage,…refresh it again, and see how it looks.…
Now, one thing I do want to show you.…Since we're going to continue to make…more changes in the next section,…I want you to set your site back to default again…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.