Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Bill] Project management can be a difficult task. But SharePoint has the tools to help you manage small projects and keep them running smoothly. I'm Bill Kulterman, and I'll be your instructor. I'm a Microsoft Certified Trainer with many years of experience teaching SharePoint. So join me now as I share with you some of the tools and features that SharePoint has to offer. One of the best tools we'll work with is the Task List app. It has many great features for managing and keeping track of all your project tasks. We'll also work with the Task timeline, which is a great visual reference for your project schedule. And you'll see how to create and use different views of the Task List. Views that can provide you with lots of helpful information about your project. We'll also explore the Group Calendar, and see how you can create and add a plan for Microsoft Planner right there in SharePoint and add it to your home page. SharePoint is a great platform with plenty of features that can help you manage your projects more efficiently and make the task of project management a little less stressful.
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.