Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up alerts for lists and libraries, part of Learning SharePoint Online.
- [Instructor] You and your teams are storing…a lot of different information in lists…and libraries in different sites…and groups in SharePoint.…And the question is how do I stay up to date…on the things I would like to know about?…First, remember that you have the ability…to add sites to a list by following them.…When I go take a look at SharePoint,…the sites that I'm following show up here.…But I can follow more than sites.…I have the ability, for example, to follow a library.…
This is a Human Resources document library.…I can follow this particular library.…And when I do, that will be added so that…when I go back to SharePoint, ultimately it will…end up here.…It's not here yet, but it will be here.…My second choice is to be a little bit more proactive…and say every time a document is added, is modified,…is deleted, I'd like to know about it…for a particular library.…And the way we do that is you click the dropdown here…and you choose Alert me, and then you get to set…the parameters for how you would like to be alerted.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Navigating, searching, and browsing in a site
- Uploading and creating documents
- Coauthoring Office documents
- Collaborating and networking
- Using lists
- Setting up alerts for lists and libraries
- Using the SharePoint mobile app
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint: Site Customizationwith Bill Kulterman55m 54s Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter40m 15s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Libraries and Documents
3. Collaboration and Networking
4. Customize with List Apps
5. SharePoint on the Road
OneDrive for Business app2m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.