Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Save a document from Office, part of Learning SharePoint Online.
- [Instructor] If I'm working on a…Microsoft Office document, I can save that document…directly from Word, Excel, PowerPoint,…Outlook for that matter to a SharePoint library,…or to OneDrive.…There are some exceptions that we'll discuss…in a moment, but let me show you how…this works in general.…I have saved this document once already but now I want to…save it, and I want to save it to OneDrive,…and here's my OneDrive listed right here.…I can simply double-click on my OneDrive,…and save this, if I wanted to create…a new folder I could do so right here.…
But I'm going to simply save this in Brainstorm,…in my list of files.…Now, remember that if I don't share it…or put it in a folder that's setup as shared,…then this is private just to me.…However, I can share it with myself.…I can open this file from another device.…I don't have to return to this particular computer…to be able to open this file.…And I don't need to be at my office to do that.…As long as I can sign on to my OneDrive…I can open this document.…
Now what if I want to save it in SharePoint?…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Navigating, searching, and browsing in a site
- Uploading and creating documents
- Coauthoring Office documents
- Collaborating and networking
- Using lists
- Setting up alerts for lists and libraries
- Using the SharePoint mobile app
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint: Site Customizationwith Bill Kulterman55m 54s Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter1h 42m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Libraries and Documents
3. Collaboration and Networking
4. Customize with List Apps
5. SharePoint on the Road
OneDrive for Business app2m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.