Receive a summary of the class, with some suggestions for next steps.
- [Phil] Well, you made it.…We're at the end of this course…on branding SharePoint Online.…I hope that I've given you some ideas…about how you can make your SharePoint Online…sites pop for your audience.…Now, before you create any additional palettes or themes,…make sure that you fully explored what's already available.…As I've said time and time again,…don't create extra work for yourself.…There are plenty of options available…right out of the box,…and it will save you time and effort…if you use them.…
If you need to change or add colors,…always try the SharePoint color palette tool first.…That way, you can change multiple elements on your site…in one step.…Likewise, don't mess with adding fonts…if you can avoid it.…But if you can't, make sure that you're using…web-safe fonts or loading no-cost font files…to your site so that everyone has a consistent experience.…Finally, there's CSS,…both to change existing page elements…or to add new ones.…
Be careful with this.…As we've seen, there are some oddities…involved because of the way Microsoft releases updates.…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.