Tasks can be assigned to many different team members and the task list will contain them all. To filter out all those tasks except for the ones assigned to you, watch this video to see how to apply the My Tasks view to our task list.
- [Instructor] We're here in our task list, … and let's scroll on down so we can see our tasks. … We are looking at the All Tasks view, … which is highlighted in blue in the upper-left corner … of our list there, right at the top. … We see, in the last column here, this Assigned To column, … who all of the individual tasks have been assigned to. … Now we have four different people. … And we're signed in today as Leslie Richardson, … and Leslie would like to simply view the tasks … that have been assigned to her. … To do that, she can change her view … of this task list to the My Tasks view. … And we can do that by going up here to the List tab. … We're going to click on that. … We see, in the Manage Views section, … we see that we are on the All Tasks view. … And if we select the drop-down, we get this little menu, … and we're going to scroll on down 'til we find My Tasks. … And all of these task views are the default views. … They're all here, provided by SharePoint for us. … We don't have to do anything to create them. …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.