The "Oslo" top-navigation style provides dynamic dropdowns for sub-items, but the default display is cramped and hard to read. Learn how to change the appearance of the dropdowns to make them easier for your users to see.
- [Instructor] Now, as I've mentioned before,…I really like the Oslo style in SharePoint…with the navigation along the top,…but I have one major complaint about it.…I've added some pages to this site,…and I have them showing as dropdown items…from the main page menu bar.…Dynamic dropdowns, you got to love it.…But when you look at them, the page descriptions…are longer than this stingy little area here,…and look at how they wrap.…I really think that this looks bad, and what's worse,…it could potentially be confusing for my end user,…which is what I don't want.…
So, how can I improve this experience?…What I ideally want is for each menu item…in the dropdown to be on a single line.…So, I'm going to turn on developer…and I'll go to my pinpointer tool,…and let's see what we have here.…Oops, there.…Now, I actually, once again, know the answer to this.…It's this dynamic class here, see, this whole box.…So, I'm going to go ahead and click on that,…and then I'll double click on dynamic…down here in the inspector pane,…and then I'll click the plus sign to start this,…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.