This video demonstrates moving the "Oslo" style top-navigation to a different location on the browser window.
- [Instructor] There's one more trick that I want to show you…with navigation that can make a major impact…on your site's overall look and feel.…We're going to change the placement of the navigation bar,…moving it up to the top of the window, in this example.…Now, you know my usual speech about making sure you…have a good reason for doing all this extra work.…I'm going to share a reason for this particular task.…The fact of the matter is, that some organizations are…a bit biased against SharePoint due to bad experiences…with older versions, or poorly constructed sites.…
In one particular case, it was enough of an issue…that people thought it was best…to lose the SharePoint branding entirely.…This left some prime landscape available on the site.…Now, I have to start with a caveat.…There is a fair amount of extra work here because of the…way SharePoint is evolving towards their new look and feel.…And, because of the way SharePoint periodically updates…SharePoint online, I can't guarantee that your site…settings won't get overwritten.…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.