Using CSS, you can change the appearance and behavior of your site's navigation. This video shows you how to change navigation item colors, including hover color, and add a different colored background.
- [Instructor] Okay, it's time to start working on…some changes to our site.…We're going to start by changing the look and feel…of the navigation.…Now as I said at the start of the course…I'm working in the Oslo style,…which has the horizontal navigation at the top of the page,…but before we make any changes let's chat for a moment.…A question that I want to make sure you're asking yourself…before you do any fancy modification to your site is…why, why are you going to the…extra effort to do this?…I think that you should have a good reason.…
This isn't just let's do it because we can.…Maybe your company has a style guide…and you need to use specific colors…or you want to make the navigation more visible…to help your users.…That's actually a good reason.…Whatever your situation is I want to make sure…that you're making a conscious decision…before you make yourself extra work.…Let's get back to it shall we.…So here is our site homepage, let's see what we can do.…We've got the developer tools on…and we're going to use the pinpoint tool right there…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.