In this movie, Gini von Courter demonstrates editing the settings of the Hero web part in a communication site to connect the Hero to pages created for the showcase.
- [Man] I want this showcase to feature the pages…that I created earlier.…So I'm going to right-click on my Pages link…and open this in a new tab…so that I have a list of my pages.…There's my Commercial Solar Installations,…Residential and so on.…Let's return now to our home page…and I would like to edit my Home page…and I'm going to begin by editing…this web part…which again is all of these different sections.…
So I would like to change this link…to one of the links that are over here in my pages…and it's actually all set to do that.…Cause it's select a link to a document or page…I want to click change…and here are my recent items.…Now if the item I wanted wasn't there…I can go get it here…but I would like to start…with my Commercial Solar Installations…so I want to click on that and click open.…So now here's my link and I wanted to click here…to test this, I could.…I need a new title and it's not going to say,…"Make an impression".…
My title is going to say, Commercial Solar Installations.…Notice I have an 80 character limit a description.…
- Recall the best size and file type to use when changing the default logo.
- Recognize which page is created by default when creating a new site.
- Identify the site that provides a high image-to-text ratio.
- Explain why you would copy a page when creating the site pages.
- List the default Hero web part layouts for Showcase and Topic communication sites.
- Identify the field that appears when you open a custom list.
- Summarize why you would create a PowerApps app for a custom list.