The Hero web part has two different layouts: a tile layout, used by default in the Topic design, and a layer layout used in the Showcase design. This video shows how to modify the layout of a Hero web part.
- [Instructor] When you create a new communication site,…either topic or showcase,…you automatically get a hero web part.…And it behaves differently,…it has a different layout in the two different sites.…Let's switch first to the topic site.…This is a hero web part.…And it has five tiles.…One, two, three, four, five.…Although you could set up this web part to have one tile,…two tiles, one through five tiles.…And you would simply do that by editing.…
And edit this web part,…and choose a different number of tiles.…And notice as you do, the web part is modified.…The other choice is layers.…And layers is the approach that's used in the showcase.…With layers what you have,…is you have different layers on top of each other.…If we had for example two layers,…we'd end up with two web parts, one and two.…You have choices up to five layers,…depending on how many different items you want…to link to in a showcase.…
I'm going to simply discard my changes…here on the topic site.…And we'll go over to our showcase.…Where currently we have exactly the right number of items,…
- Recall the best size and file type to use when changing the default logo.
- Recognize which page is created by default when creating a new site.
- Identify the site that provides a high image-to-text ratio.
- Explain why you would copy a page when creating the site pages.
- List the default Hero web part layouts for Showcase and Topic communication sites.
- Identify the field that appears when you open a custom list.
- Summarize why you would create a PowerApps app for a custom list.