SharePoint Online has some very specific requirements for loading fonts. Learn how to use an online tool to create the necessary files, and get direction on where to store them.
- [Narrator] Okay, so we've collected some fonts…and added them to our computer.…What do we need to do to use them in our SharePoint site?…Now, I'm going to warn you, this cam be a little finicky.…And there are some extra things that you'll need to do.…In fact, there are enough steps that I've provided…a checklist with details in the exercise files.…Are you ready?…Okay, step one.…When you extracted your font files earlier,…you wound up with a true type, or TTF file.…
Unfortunately, SharePoint requires…a bunch of different font files.…So you need to run a conversion to get them.…The reason for this is to make sure…that your site displays properly on different browsers…and operating systems, but it does make for extra work.…There's a really good font converter tool available online…at everythingfonts.com/font-face.…On the font face site,…you can pick the TTF font file from your computer,…and generate the additional formats in seconds.…
Just click the "Pick font file" button…and browse to the right spot.…Click, and I have that on the desktop.…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.