Similar to the individual task alerts, we can also set alerts for the entire list. Watch this video to see how to add those list alerts.
- [Instructor] We have our task list, … and there's a lot of things going on here. … We have several tasks. … They've been assigned to different people. … They span a good amount of time. … We've got different due dates and start dates, … lots of different things going on. … We would like to know, as things change and update, … we want to know if things are completed … or if things have been added, if things are making progress, … if they've been deferred, whatever it is. … So we can go ahead and add an alert to this entire list … so that when anything happens, we will be alerted. … We're going to go up here and choose the List tab … and get our List ribbon out. … Now, elsewhere in the course, … I showed you how to assign an alert to one item. … Don't be confused. … This time we're going to alert the entire list. … So when anything happens on this task list, … we're going to know about it. … We're going to click on the Alert Me button, … and you'll see Set alert on this list. … We're going to click there. …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.