You need to do a little work to link your CSS style sheet to your site so that your code works properly. Get a quick demonstration of that, and learn about a potential showstopper.
- [Instructor] Now that we have a new style sheet…loaded to the site,…we need to instruct the site to reference it.…This is a pretty easy process,…but there is an important condition…that we'll need to look at.…Let's start by looking at the site settings page.…Now, do you see this master page link right here,…master page?…If you don't have that,…then we're going to need to do a little bit of work…before we can proceed and I'll walk you through those steps.…Let's move down to site actions…and click manage site features.…
Now on the site features page,…you'll want to scroll down…until you find SharePoint server publishing…and you need that to be active…so if it's not active right now,…you want to click activate so that it shows up as active.…This may take a few minutes…for the activation to take effect and refresh,…but then it'll happen.…Now, if you get an error message at this point…saying that you don't have the authority to do this…and that it needs to be activated for the site collection,…that can be an issue.…
- Changing your site's logo, title, and theme
- Creating new palettes and themes
- Loading fonts to your site
- Calling font sets in your theme
- CSS basics for branding SharePoint
- Creating and uploading a blank CSS style sheet
- Modifying site navigation, fonts, and backgrounds
- Styling tables
- Defining new elements in your CSS file
- Creating new CSS elements directly into the style sheet
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint Online 2017: Beyond the Basicswith Gini von Courter3h 32m Intermediate
1. The Branding Hierarchy
2. Creating a Custom Theme: Colors
3. Adding New Fonts
4. CSS Basics for Branding SharePoint
5. Modify SharePoint with CSS
6. More Styling: Page Elements
7. Getting Fancy: Custom CSS Elements
Next steps1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.