Late tasks are never anything that you want to see in a project, but the Late Tasks view can filter out all tasks except for those that are overdue. See what that looks like, as well as how to apply the Late Tasks view by watching this video.
- Alright, we're here in a task list … and we are using the All Tasks view. … Right now we see all of our tasks … and we know its the All Tasks view … because when we look over here at the top of our task list, … we see All Tasks is highlighted in blue. … We have other views that we can use for this task list … that have been created for us by SharePoint. … We're going to go up to our LIST tab … and we see the Manage Views sections. … Now over here we see All Tasks, that is the view … that we're using but we have the little drop-down … and when we scroll down through here, we're going to … take a look in this movie at the Late Tasks view. … Now the problem is, and let me get away … from here for a second, none of our tasks are late. … Now, from the project standpoint, that's a great thing … but from the teaching standpoint, that doesn't help me any. … So what I need to do is, because I can't push myself forward … in time so that I can have all of our tasks be late, … I have to go ahead and change the start and due date …
Note: This course focuses on modern SharePoint sites built with the Communication template, but anyone using a classic site will be able to follow along.
- Comparing classic and modern sites
- Creating and editing tasks
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with task views
- Adding meetings and tasks to the group calendar
- Adding a plan to your SharePoint site
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Apps for SharePoint Monthlywith Gini von Courter2h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerAppswith Gini von Courter52m 16s Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Classic vs. Modern Sites for Projects
2. The Tasks App
3. The Timeline
4. Task List Views
5. The Group Calendar
6. Add a Plan to Your Site
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.